Monday, August 25, 2008

Blogger Status

With my first entry complete, I can’t believe I actually did it! I actually set up a blog with the help of TechExplorer of course!! Can I officially call myself a blogger??? Wow, I feel so special but also exposed and kind of naked knowing that my thoughts are no longer mine and mine alone, but when it comes to my experiences here at Maxim the thoughts and experiences are too good to be left alone….Finally, a place to let it all free…I’m looking forward to developing our blog relationship!


Like most of my experiences here at Maxim I learned a lot about blogging just by diving in to it. With TechExplorer by my side this is what we found to be most helpful in getting our blog started:

1. Explore other blogs. I am so inspired by fellow bloggers. Here are some of my favorites:

2. Be true to yourself and your blogging aspirations.

3. Take it one step at a time. There are a million websites and bloggers telling you what to do…don’t get overwhelmed.

Some Quick Technical Blog Improvement Tips:

  1. Register your blog with a varity of blog directories (e.g. Technorati, BlogCatalog, Blog Hop etc...)
  2. Link other blog sites and aim to have them link your site. The only way to achieve this is to interact with other blogs in a positive way. Spamming your web address on other blog sites can actually be counterproductive.
  3. Update you blog frequently with posts, images and videos.
  4. Create a site map. (Google's "webmaster tools" are integrated into blogger.com blogs...you can easily create a site map using Google's resources)
Happy Blogging!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home