Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Art of Vaginas in Stimulating Conversations






Vaginas are at the top of our priority list. In creating products that provide vaginas with the healthiest and safest menstrual vagina care possible we're always on the lookout for other Vagina supporters. That's why we made sure to be a part of this year's 2008 Vagina Festival taking place at the Sage Theater in New York City.


Vaginas need recognition and that's exactly what Alexandra Jacoby, the creator the the Vagina Festival is giving women, men, artists, performers and any interested parties an opportunity to do in the most creative way possible. It's not just about the vagina at face value; it goes way beyond that. It's about bringing people togetherto exchange ideas, challenge cultural norms and celebrate women through visual art and interactive activities.



In putting the vagina at the forefront and using it so boldly in the event's title, it makes what some people tend to keep private not so private, encouraging people to talk about things they may never get a chance to talk about and need to know about.
We'll be there talking about why the vagina needs organic and natural cotton, cellulose fluff pulp free, chlorine free, synthetic free, fragrance free products.




When my father, the creator of Maxim products, announced to our friends and family at our last family gathering of thirty people that we will be sponsoring the Vagina Festival, I nearly turned as red as the strawberries we were serving for dessert. The word vagina comes up on a daily basis when working with my dad and I have to admit I still sometimes cringe.



So is it the word vagina that makes me cringe or the fact that I'm talking about it with my dad? I would say it's a little bit of both, but as the Explorer, I'm looking forward to exploring this issue of vaginas (i'm cringing as I type it) and everything else that comes along with it this weekend at the Vagina Festival. I hope all you fellow New Yorkers will join me! I'll keep you posted on my experience.....



Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home