Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Final Days of Roadtripping

It is with a heavy heart that we have to leave our new friends and connections in California and the topsy-turvy hills of San Francisco, but with enthusiasm that we remember home and the loving streets of NYC that smell of daisies and happy things . In the great words of Cher Horrowitz from Clueless, "As if!" California was great. New York is great. Both places suffer from a chronic illness called traffic.

In his book entitled The Dharma Bums, Jack Kerouac says, "Comparisons are odious," so I will stop myself there. But here is a recap of the things we've done since I last posted:
We found our way to San Francisco and saw...None other than her royal highness, the Golden Gate Bridge. I would just like to note that I wasn't the only silly tourist holding my camera outside of the passenger side window to take pictures.
We also visited with one of our favorite California Worker owned Coops on Folsom Street in San Francisco called Rainbow Grocery who carries our product line.I also made a few frequent visits to the infamous Haight street, as in the district of Haight-Ashbury which served as the Hippie Mecca in the 1960's. Of course there was all kind of graffiti, but this is what caught my eye.A large strip of farms on the way back from Aptos to Napa.


A final farewell feast in Sonoma's Buena Vista Carneros Winery.

It is my hope that the time we spent in California talking with ladies about their feminine hygiene products has left a memorable mark (excuse the pun). Spending time around people who were curious about every product that they were bringing into their homes or close to their bodies ("my temple!" one woman exclaimed to me at a demonstration) was rejuvenating and challenging. I appreciated the questions and the long discussions.

Until the next time we make a trip there, I'll be doing what the Mamas and Papas were most famous for: California Dreamin'



1 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

From coast, to coast. You're fortunate!

Thank you for your good comment at RUMI DAYS. Congratulations on your recent graduation, and on finishing that state exam. I wish you the best in your teaching career. And I hope we can chat again, about Rumi, or anything.

July 20, 2010 at 6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home